Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekly Recap

Monday
- Rest day (unscheduled) after weekend at beach and driving

Tuesday
- 15 minutes work up to 1 rep heavy deadlift. I was able to pull 235 with some left in the tank. New PR
- 5 rounds for time: 12 deadlifts and 12 knees to elbow. Result: 15:37

I struggled with the K2E and my grip. 

Wednesday
- 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Overhead Squat @ 75#, Kettlebell swings @ 53#, Burpees. Result: 23:05

Overhead squats have been a long time problem for me. I struggled on some of the early rounds. Once I realized I wasn't engaging my core enough, I was able to do them with much better form (DUH!)

Thursday
- Rest and Barbell Club

Back squats - 2x5, 2x3, 3x1, working progressively heavier each set. Maxed out at 185. Half deadlift (to the knee) and squat clean work for 10 reps @ 115#. We ended with 1 set of 20 back squats @ 125#.

One of the things I started this year to improve my olympic lifts was Barbell Club. It meets every Thursday for an hour or so. Workout each week varies. Although, we have been doing a lot of snatch and overhead squat work as of late.

Friday
- 3 rounds for time: 10 weighted pull-ups and 30 back extensions. Coach decided to drop the time component due to back extensions needing more attention to form than speed. 

Plan for July
Week 1 will be relatively light due to Peachtree Road Race on the 4th. CF on Monday with a short run either Monday evening or Tuesday morning. Rest on Wednesday and PRR on Thursday (July 4). I may get a CF workout in on Saturday depending on plans.

Rest of the month:
Monday - CrossFit
Tuesday - CrossFit (am); Speed work (PM)
Wednesday - CrossFit
Thursday - 3 miles before Barbell Club
Friday - CrossFit
Saturday - 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment